Sunday, June 17, 2007

Ohio Retrospective

Motionless, saltless water ::: single digit temperatures :::: sunless weeks ::: feet of gray snow. After living 2 1/2 years on the inspiring Outer Banks of North Carolina, spending numerous months in Ohio was not a thrilling prospect.



I had my dog Zoey, coaching/watching/playing basketball, a gym and a pool to keep my mind off the Ocean during the dreadful winter.
Then one day something happened. I spent the first 23 years of life in Ohio. The seasons changed and i guess i never paid any attention. One day the sun came out, the snow melted, flowers blossomed and everything turned brilliant green. Those first days in short sleeves and sunshine were incredible.
Ohio is not that bad after all. Actually under the right circumstances Cleveland, Ohio is one of the greatest places on Earth. What circumstances am i speaking of? How about a Cleveland Cavalier Finals run. Because of a Cavs employee, I was fortunate enough to attend 5 playoff games and bring many family and friends along. These were special, special times.

Cavs Fans sound off- AP

Championship Hustle on WTAM 110o- YouTube
Warren is choke-full of mean mofo Cavs fans- The Optimist






I suspect the Cavaliers will win 9 out of the next 10 World Championships.
I miss the Cavs, (and I will fly home next June to attend games 1 and 2 of the NBA Finals) but i will definitely miss my friends and family the most. They are all amazing people and i'd like to thank them all for a joyous 6 months. Especially my folks, John and Jeanne Stock. Amazing people!!

No comments: